Knoxville Car Accident Attorneys
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience, especially if you are seriously injured as a result of the collision. Rutherford ♦ Weinstein Law Group is dedicated to holding people responsible for causing personal injury to others. Car accident victims also suffer the burden of large expenses, including hospital bills, medical treatments and medication, childcare, loss of personal time with loved ones, and missed time from work.
Pursuing a personal injury claim can reimburse you for these expenses, and statistics show that accident victims typically see a much higher recovery when they hire a lawyer.
Your Questions Answered, Your Legal Options Explained
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident our legal staff is here to help you better understand your legal rights so you can start your journey to justice. Call Rutherford ♦ Weinstein Law Group at 865-544-0550 or use the contact form on this page to schedule a free
What Are Your Legal Rights After A Car Accident?
Insurance companies are in business to make profit. Companies’ revenue comes from customers’ insurance policy payments, while their largest expense is paying out claims. In order to maximize their profitability, insurance adjusters will do just about anything they can to decrease the value of valid personal injury claims.
Most car accident victims have a limited understanding of their own legal rights after being injured in a collision, and the insurance companies use this to their advantage during the negotiations process. Many of the car accident victims we speak with are shocked at the lowball offers they receive after submitting their claims to the insurance companies.
If you have been seriously injured in a collision and the insurance company refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer may be the only way to ensure you are fairly compensated for your injuries and other damages.
How A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Studies by the Insurance Research Council have shown, on average, automobile accident injury claimants who hired a lawyer received a settlement that was 3 and a half times more than they would have if they had tried to negotiate on their own.
The truth is not every car accident victim needs the assistance of a lawyer. In some instances, you may be able to negotiate on your own without having to pay attorney’s fees. It is also important to understand that hiring a lawyer does not automatically mean that a lawsuit is necessary. More often than not, an attorney will be able to negotiate a fair settlement before the case goes to trial.
When necessary, lawsuits can serve the purpose of compensating car accident victims and holding defendants accountable for their negligent actions. When it comes to pursuing a personal injury claim after a car accident, having an attorney who is not afraid to take your case to trial gives you more power and a higher likelihood of an excellent result.
Tennessee Car Accident Statistics
According to the World Health Organization, about 3,000 people die in car accidents each day worldwide. There were approximately 10.8 million car accidents in the U.S. in 2010, resulting in millions of car accident injury cases and more than 31,000 car accident deaths. An average of 115 people die each day in car accidents in the United States. That’s one every 13 minutes.
Each year there are almost 100,000 motor vehicle accidents in Tennessee. One-third of those collisions result in injuries. Victims of the most serious accidents may die or face lasting injuries.
According to the Fatal Accident Report (FARS), published by the NHSTA, there were 1,031 fatalities in Tennessee in 2010. Of these:
- 606 happened in the country and 425 in the city.
- 767 passengers died; 303 wearing seat belts and 417 not.
- 283 fatalities involved a driver with a blood alcohol content of .08 or higher.
- 229 people died in cars that were exceeding the speed limit.
- 16 of every 100,000 people died in car crashes in 2010, compared to 10.63 in the U.S.
- In 2010, almost 31% of Tennessee car accident fatalities involved a blood alcohol content of .08 or more.
- 48% of Tennessee fatalities were wearing seat belts; 59% in the U.S.
- 39% of all Tennessee accidents in 2010 happened in passenger cars; the rest involved trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians.
You’re probably looking at this web site because:
- You have suffered personal injury in an accident, such as a car wreck or a slip and fall or fall down situation, and are searching for a Knoxville personal injury attorney;
- You are disabled and are trying to get Social Security disability or SSI benefits in Knoville or East Tennessee;
- You are getting divorced or are trying to get custody of your children or
- You have been arrested for drunk driving or driving under the influence [DUI].
Since before 1957, Rutherford ♦ Weinstein Law Group has had a successful record of quality representation for satisfied clients. Our Knoxville attorneys and staff are available to answer your questions, explain the ins and outs of your particular legal matter, and to take as much weight as possible off your shoulders. We emphasize the time and attention we give to each of our clients.
Finding the right Knoxville lawyer for your case can be confusing and frustrating. People are beginning to realize what we have known for years. The insurance industry – we call them “Big Insurance” – is going to do anything and everything, fair or unfair, to reduce or deny your claim for injury compensation.
Most lawyer ads and commercials insult your intelligence by (sort of) promising you money if you have been injured in an accident. That is how the legal profession has gotten such a poor reputation.
The fact is that most lawyers who represent injured people genuinely care about their clients. They make their living by helping those clients, not by cheating them.
What we do here at Rutherford ♦ Weinstein Law Group, as Knoxville attorneys, is provide you with USEFUL information that will help you answer these questions:
- “Do I really need a lawyer?”
- “What options do I have?”
- “What is the best way to find a lawyer who will be right for me?”
- “How much money is my accident case worth?”
- “How do I know if the settlement offer from the insurance company is fair?”
- “What if the person who caused the accident does not have any insurance”
- “When should I hire an attorney?”
- “What should I tell my insurance adjustor?”
At Rutherford ♦ Weinstein Law Group, we pride ourselves on giving you honest and forthright answers to your questions. You can call to schedule a FREE consultation, view our online Personal Injury Library, read FREE downloadable Law Reports, or watch informational videos we post on this web site.
Read more about: